|Giniling Festival is the one in the middle, obvs.|
Hey kids, my cousin's band, Giniling Festival, was nominated in this year's Globe Tatt Awards in the Indie Rocker category. Just head on to http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/tattawards to vote and see a sorta revealing picture of Saab Magalona. Or is that Maxene? IDK I can never tell which is which.
|can you tell me who this is in the comments?|
Anywho, all you need to do is be on Facebook and click on VOTE.
Here's my case for Giniling Festival. Let's put aside the fact that they're the only rock band in the list. They released their sophomore album for free. Yes. FOR FREE. AND ONLINE!
So, if you're voting for a band for an internet-related award-giving body, vote for somebody who actually used the internet. You know what, vote for them because they imparted their talents for free.
- The One -- The most influential trendsetter that shaped opinion, moved people, and ultimately starting fire in Philippine internet.
- Ballbreaker -- For the opinion that launched tons of comments or retweets, from the person with so much balls to make that legendary post in the first place.
- Stylisimo -- This is for that one person that not only reviewed fashion but also set one that everyone followed and loved.
- Indie Rocker -- This is for musical bands and indie artists who fought hard to claim their space in the hearts of the Filipino audience who knew that webtime is better than airtime.
- Wordslayer -- Here’s an award for a blogger whose mastery of words showed wit, humor and grit to the Philippine blogosphere.
- Artiste -- Hundreds if not thousands of people share their art goodness to the world via the web.
- Tech Junkie -- Informed, in tune and in check with the latest in tech, this person do not only present us with access to the latest in trends, but also the backstage of the fast pace world of e-knowledge.
- #Thought-mover -- Twitter ain’t for geeks. Twitter is for changing the world.
- Video Slinger -- Moving pictures do not just speak a thousand words, they speak millions.
- The Advocate -- This award goes to a person or a group of individuals who worked to improve the state of a societal cause in the Philippines through social media.