Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Can't Sleep, Fantasizing.

I've been trying to blog about my unholy career lately, but nobody cares about call centers and my career in it. Even I don't care, so who the heck wants to know, right?

The career I want is rockstar musician. I've been obsessing about this since I was in high school but my horrible work ethic has been public enemy no. 1 for my aspirations. However, after a weird experience with life (read: quarter-life crisis), I find myself having the needed push to start my own band, write more songs and actually record them for a demo. I might even go as far as begging people to let my band play in their productions or birthday parties.

Anyway, this morning, one of my favorite bands at the moment, Empire! Empire! (I was a Lonely Estate) had been recruiting for a new bass player. Apparently, their drummer, Jon, has been messaging people from their facebook fanpage, looking for a new bass player. I (naturally) replied back saying I'm in the Philippines but would really (I mean, REALLY) love to audition and wished them luck on the search.

I've never wished I lived in the states before, but after that, you won't believe how much this fantasy played in my head. In fact, I'm supposed to be sleeping right now. Instead, I'm blogging and even summed to gusto to actually write something with coherence.

P.S. There's a girl who's been meandering my thoughts and I just can't get off my head right now. She's cute, funny, extremely smart, writes the most amazing short fictions (now, I don't really read that much, but I can tell they're great), and did I mention she's cute? Too bad she's in the states right now (well what do you know, my urge to live there just got tripled) and will probably stay there for another year. Just my luck. I can tell I really (I mean, REALLY) like a girl when she somehow influence my music reference. Let's just say I got introduced to some new music that I liked. Anyway, I hope I don't blow anything. Act right on things. Ultimately, not piss her off.

2 comments:

  1. Bakit ba wala kang NAME/EMAIL ano ba yan.
    Goodlak. Gusto ko din bumanda banda pero wala naman akong talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck to you. who knows maybe you're gonna be the next rockstar. haha

    ReplyDelete