Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

A New Hope

Although I vowed long ago to quit talking about things too personal, I felt compelled to announce the world that I have quit work to become a full-time songwriter.

Psych!

Yeah, I'm a wuss. I need financial security. I need something to keep me alive (read: keep myself from returning to my parents' house) and pay the rent. Something that will show up in my bank account every 2 weeks.

Yes, I have quit my current job for a new, better paying one. Not that my current one isn't paying me good enough already, but, you know, I just don't like it there. I feel like it's been sucking my brain for the past year. It's that bad. I can't believe I stayed there for a year.

So, when the opportunity presented itself, I naturally grabbed it -- for 30% more money! Who would pass up more money? Let me rephrase that. Who would pass up an opportunity to leave a miserable life at work? For more money?

I sound like I love money. I don't, but I don't hate it either. I need it for stuff (tickets to Singapore!) and some other stuff (an electric guitar!) and even more stuff (more hoodies!).

Anyway, I would gladly treat anyone for ice cream when I get my first paycheck. Just leave a comment here or something.

1 comment:

  1. yo, we need to make more music and make the world a better place. hahaha

    i'm serious btw,

    ReplyDelete